Friday, December 17, 2010

The Datsun 200C

Datsun 200C with Nissan Cedric 2600GX

The third generation Nissan Cedric first appeared in 1971. When Nissan exported the Cedric to other countries, they dropped the Cedric name and marketed it as the Datsun 200C, 220C, 240C and the 260C. The third generation Cedric was done as a four door sedan, a station wagon or a two door coupe. The coupe was introduced because of the Toyota Crown coupe.

Datsun 200C with Nissan Cedric 2600GX

Nissan Cedric 2600GX

This car brings back a lot of memories to me as it was my mom's car during the late seventies. Tomica really did a good job on the grills, emblem and lights but forgot to put the side mirrors (again). I love this car as it reminds me of my childhood. I was surprised to see this car listed on the world's worst cars. All I can remember is that it gave us a comfortable ride and the airconditioning was excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment